June 21, 2010

prep.



Today I made over 70 gum paste roses for my friends wedding this weekend. I'm making 106 cupcakes plus a top tier 6" square cake for them to cut into. This has got to be one of the biggest orders I've ever done for lush pastries and I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Mostly nervous about fitting everything in around my normal work schedule [this is the only reason I'm happy to not be at the school district right now], and my lack of space. But it'll be fine, everything always works out, because it has to.

Who knew making all those little guys while watching the appendices from LOTR could make me so exhausted though? Well it could be the 8 hours at the bakery this morning too. And since I have to wake up at 430am and do it all over again tomorrow, I'm gonna close up my computer and close up my eyes.

This week has too much going on for me to be a sleepyhead in the morning.

xx

1 comment: