May 12, 2010

read.


I'm trying to take the bits of free time I have and spend them at home having quiet nights. This will be the last quiet night until possibly Sunday since the next few days will be full of work, baby shower cupcakes, wedding meetings, gallery openings, and hopefully a few drinks with friends.

So to keep this quiet night especially quiet I'm going to lay in bed, get off the computer, and read a new book I picked up. I haven't been book shopping in forever, and finally I headed to my local Borders earlier this week and picked up A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving.

I've been wanting to read this for awhile because I have lyrics from the Jimmy Eat World song "Goodbye Sky Harbor" tattooed on my feet... and thanks to songmeanings.com I realized that this song was inspired by the Irving novel. And since I'm obsessed with that song and want to know more of the meaning behind it, I thought it would be a good read.

Plus I've been trying for so long to get my drive back for reading. It's been awhile since I wanted to curl up in bed with a good book. But as life gets busier and more stressful, I'm finding solace in diving into other peoples lives [even if they are fictional].

And who doesn't love the smell of new books, or old books... or any books for that matter?!

xx

3 comments:

  1. I fully support this endeavor! My advice: head on over to the Bookman! It has a very specific smell that always gives me nostalgia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should just borrow my books silly gal....

    ReplyDelete
  3. can i please come to the library of david soon?

    ReplyDelete