December 1, 2009

december.


Hello December! When did you decide to show your lovely face? And why is it still hot and sunny outside? Damn you California.

I need things like calendars otherwise I'll never know what's going on in my world. And so far December looks pretty good and pretty busy. Lots of art plans [Santa Ana Art Walk this Saturday + Box Gallery opening on the 9th], Nicci's birthday, and then of course Christmas nonsense. I'm just looking forward to my two weeks off from the school district at the end of the month. Hooray for winter breaks!

As an early xmas present to myself I'm thinking about getting a 160g ipod. My little 8g isn't cutting it for me, but I figure I'll hang onto it for when I go to the gym, unless I can find someone that wants to take it off my hands for a fair price. So right now I'm uploading all of my amazingly bad taste in music onto my itunes so I can be prepared when I get it either today or tomorrow. How awesome will it be to go from Elliott Smith to the Spice Girls to Beethoven in one click of a button. 40,000 songs is a little much, but what the hell, it gives me room for improvement.

I'm really looking forward to this weekends art walk because CH and a bunch of other amazing people Downtown put together one of the craziest art projects I've seen. And I'm so happy that it will be running the whole month, because I have a feeling if I'm ever a little down I could just walk 2 blocks and see this and be happy...

555 KUBIK | facade projection | from urbanscreen on Vimeo.


I'll be sure to take a video of the one down here on Saturday and post it because they customize it specifically for the building it's being projected it.

Off to my 2nd job soon, but at least I have the morning off to sleep in and hopefully go run on the treadmill or something.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment