January 8, 2010

chance.


They play some crummy music at F&E which makes work tough sometimes, but every once in a while this song comes on and it makes me too happy.

The last few days have made me really happy for second chances. And for the internet on my phone. And more sober nights than blackouts.

Yesterday was Johnny's birthday and since he had to work at Memphis everyone just ended up going there to hang out with him. Well I'm pretty sure we'd all be there anyways, but his birthday was a plus. I baked him some cookies, white chocolate chip with almonds & a grand marnier glaze. Now I know I can bake, and that my flavors are usually pretty good, but even I thought these cookies came out really good. He actually ended up telling me, along with random strangers at the bar that he passed cookies out to, that in 33 years on earth they were the best cookies he's ever had. That's a pretty heavy compliment. And I'm gonna take that as a jumping off point for this year in my baking escapades. I just need some pictures of them, which means I need to steal a camera from BBF for a proper cookie photo shoot. And I need to add them to the website.

Today's my FULL day off, otherwise all weekend I only work until 11am. So I'm gonna be a bit lazy today and enjoy my bed & Rescue Me Season 2, and I'm gonna work on this mix that is just having me stumped. I just need to find the right first song and I think it will all come together from that.

It's gonna be a good friday I do believe.

xx

2 comments:

  1. I actually didn't like this song until I saw the video. My buddy Mahoney put it on a (very fucking good) mix she made for me and this was the only song I was iffy about. But the video is damn good! And now, I likes it, yo. That mix is on my blog somewhere if you want it, it really is very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the mix she made! i downloaded it a few weeks ago. thanks so much for posting it!

    the video is so ridiculous and i think that's why i love it. i remember the first time i watched it i was like "WTF?! this is awesome!" hahaha

    ReplyDelete